Wednesday, July 5, 2017

May and June update

Well I've been a slacker in the realm of blogging and also in the realm of sewing -- I find myself under motivated recently. 
I have managed to add 2 more scrap bins to my growing collection -- Green and Yellow (somehow i have no photo of the green one)
I am really loving how they are looking together and now that the first side is full that will be motivation to push on the next 6 months and finish up the other half 
-- not to mention that it gives me floor space back where the boxes have been. I may use this space and display my machine collection in the near future. 

I also made a few charity quilt tops that I look forward to being able to finish up soon. 
I managed to work on a few traveling quilts and made a slew of bee blocks. 
May Blocks 
June Blocks

I am steadily working on my tessellations quilt and hope to have it finished very soon -- I got it laid out in the beginning of June and numbered all the blocks so now it's just about putting the top together. 
I've been good about limiting my fabric buying but did manage to get a bundle of Tula Pink Spirit Animal that will be coming out later this year and an Acacia layer cake --- thanks to my gal Mallory. Spirit Animal is stunning and I can't wait to figure out what to make with it. 

I'll be setting new quarterly goals soon and my biggest one will be to get something completed and alleviate this sewing funk. 

3 comments:

  1. That's THE cutest paper-pieced butterfly ever! I love the new blocks you made here. I know you will be glad for that triangle thang to be finished! I love it tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing room is so zen! What basket pattern are you using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete