Monday, July 11, 2016

What does the 3rd quarter hold?

As we move into the last half of 2016 it's time to think about the overall goals of the year and what projects I will be linking up this quarter. I'm hoping that it's filled with lots of time for sewing and many completed projects, since as usual I have way more goals that are likely to be completed. 

I have some ongoing items that I will be doing monthly
-- bee blocks for 2 hives, maybe picking up a 3rd and I've been doing quite a bit of hive jumping 
-- the Traveling quilt groups got started in June so that's going to be an awesome adventure till Feb 2017
-- Block of the Month till October

Things that I know I will be finishing (deadlines)
-- McKinney Guild Swap (7/26)
-- Star mini Quilt Swap (8/15)
-- 1st year clothing quilt for McKinley (9/30)

These projects are all in the works 
-- Scrappy Crossroads (needs binding when it returns from Rena)
-- Mini Moda Love star -- needs quilting and binding
-- KS bonus jewel box from extra blocks 
-- Weekender Bag as part of the sew a long
-- tessellations -- still 25 blocks to be put together 
-- Moda Modern Building Blocks -- I'm going to make an abbreviated version of this one
-- Lucky 21
Some items that I want to get started 
-- Plus side quilt with Fig and Plum 
-- Kate Spain Christmas spectacular
-- Broken Herringbone Quilt
-- Swoon
--All Squared up using Priory Square
-- Ellie Crafty Carrier 
-- Chevron and On Quilt with Botanics charm packs 
https://flic.kr/p/CSrMFT | Morning Song Arrow Quilt | Baby girl arrow quilt, fabric is Morning Song by Elizabeth Olwen for Cloud9 Fabrics, and pattern is Chevron and On:
-- gift items or other swaps that might come up 

In non quilting goals I have a wedding scrapbook to put together that I will be gifting to a lovely couple -- I had plenty of supplies just sitting around waiting to be made into something or be sold so I thought this would be a great gift for them. 

That's 18 things plus the ongoing items, I think that might be plenty to keep me going this quarter. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your finished crossroads quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, you are going to be a very busy bee. =) What fabulous projects. I am having a 'tessallation' project in the making too but its current status is UFO. I am looking forward to seeing you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many great projects going on. I love the colors for the McKinney Guild Swap. And I, too will be excited to see the scrappy crossroads quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great fabrics and patterns! Love the Moda Mini Love Star!

    ReplyDelete